The CGST Act mandates that businesses register according to the prevailing GST laws, depending on their turnover and the goods or services they produce and sell.
When you register your businesses under the Act, you will get a GST registration certificate or GST certificate that you must carry during your business operations. This article will discuss how to download a GST certificate for your business. https://www.indifi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Download-GST-Certificate-Easily.png
What is a GST Registration Certificate?
A GST certificate or GST registration certificate is a document for registering businesses and other entities under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act (CGST Act).
Business entities that register under the GST fall into one of these categories, including casual taxable persons, non-resident taxable persons, and the like.
Taxpayers or businesses registering under the Act get a certificate via a Form GST REG – that gives access to the following information about the businesses or companies.
1. The taxpayer’s GSTIN
2. The trade and legal names.
3. The type or constitution (partnership, company, proprietorship, or trust).
5. Validity and liability.
6. Registration details.
7. The signatory’s name, designation, and jurisdiction.
8. Date and time when you got the certificate.
Besides this, the GST registration certificate also consists of two annexures – A and B, where Annexure A gives you the following details:
1. The GSTIN
2. The legal and trade names and addresses.
Similarly, Annexure – B outlines details, such as:
1. The GSTIN
2. The legal and trade names of the business.
3. The names and photos of the proprietors, partners, trustees, managing, and whole-time directors, along with their residential statuses.
How To Download GST Certificate?
Businesses, enterprises, or others registering under the GST Act can get their certificates via the official portal by following these steps.
1. Log in to the official GST India portal: https://www.gst.gov.in/ by entering your credentials and the Captcha code.
2. Click on ‘View / Download Certificate’ in the ‘User Services’ section under ‘Services.’
3. Click ‘Download’ to download your GST certificate.
Can You Make Changes To Your GST Registration?
Yes, you can. You will need to provide information about your business or company when registering it under the GST system, such as the legal and trade names, addresses, partners, proprietors, managing, and whole-time directors. However, if the information you provided at any stage is wrong, you can always go back and change or correct it by following these steps.
1. Visit the official GST portal.
2. Click on ‘Amendment of Registration Core Fields’ in the ‘Registration’ section under ‘Services.’
3. Make the changes required and check the ‘Verification’ option in the ‘Verification’ tab.
4. Select the authorized signatory from the ‘Name of Authorized Signatory’ drop-down menu and enter the place in the ‘Place’ field.
5. Use the ‘Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)’ or ‘E-Signature (EVC)’ to digitally sign the Amendment of a Registration form before submitting it.
If approved, you will get a message on your mobile number and email address. You can then view and download the REG 15 approval order and the amended registration certificate by logging in to the official GST portal.
What is the Validity of Your GST Registration Certificate?
Your GST certificate becomes valid as soon as your business gets registered under the CGST Act, and you are liable to pay taxes as soon as you get your certificate as per Rules 9(1), 9(5), and 9(3).
GST certificates come with lifetime validities. However, depending on the taxpayers, several rules govern their registration and cancellation. Taxpayers under GST may fall into one of these categories, including regular, TCS, and TDS. For instance, GST registration certificates for a casual taxable person remain valid for only 90 days. However, you can renew or extend your GST registration by the end of the year.
You can register your business or company for GST and get your certificate if eligible by visiting the official portal. Your GST registration should be valid once the concerned officer verifies and approves your application.
However, if there is a delay or other problem, you can resolve them as per Rule 9(5) of the CGST Act, where the concerned authorities must comply by signing and handing out the certificate in three working days. In the above sections, you have learned how to download a GST certificate for your business.
If you register a business under the GST Act and have a valid certificate but choose not to show it, you will be attracting fines of up to Rs. 25,000. Similarly, you could attract penalties of up to Rs. 10,000 for displaying fake certificates or invoices.
So, follow these steps and register your businesses under the GST Act. Also, don’t forget to pay your dues in time by generating proper and valid invoices to avoid penalties and legal battles.